Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Give me my Jamie!

Is it just me or does every wife suddenly become so lonely when her husband leaves for 3 days? Today was fine, rather exciting and fun... then I looked at the clock on my computer at work and realised it was time to go home. But what is a home without its main attributes - the loved ones. I really didn't feel like going home into a quiet, empty apartment. It's just then that I realised how much I miss my hubby and how used I am to having him around. I had no choice but invite myself to Vadim and Katya's, they were happy to be my shelter for tonight. We had a good time, but Vadim had to notice that it was not the same without Jamie.

We ALL need Jamie!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Young love. After four kiddies and 23 years with hubby-three days off is a nice break:-) I truly love my family but quietness and walking to my own schedule is nice too. I think this is why Jesus went away from the crowds, up the mountain:-)

Dasha the Explorer said...

:))) I kind of felt like having some private space right after the wedding, for about half a year. Now I'm too used to his presense in every aspect of my life. I'm sure though that when we have 4 kids we'll look forward to short breaks from each other, too :) But, we'll see. Thanks for sharing your wise experience.

ukrainiac said...

4 kids, eh?

I'm glad that you feel the void when he's gone...you'll both love being back together that much more! I know that you're not devastated or unable to function with him gone, but it is definitely different not having someone to share a cup of coffee with as you unwind at the end of the day.

(My hardest moments are hitting an empty bed, and waking up all by myself...maybe why I stay up ridiculously late when Jim is gone overnight! Not to mention missing our morning "reading.")

Dasha the Explorer said...

ha! Ukrainiac, the same thing with me and my mom! She just told me that she stays up till 3 a.m. when Dad doen't spend the night at home. And those are the hardest moments for me too... Yesterday when going to bed I even thought of going back to 'JCP'! :) Hope Jamie will not consider it 'cheating' ;)))

ukrainiac said...

I think he'll smile.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't stay up all night when the good Doctor is away. I sleep like a baby. But you must know(it is common knowledge) when I'M gone overnight, the G.D. sleeps with a Bowie knife under the pillow and has all the doors double-locked! What do you make of that?!