Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How to...

Edit: So anyhow, I ended up describing my own wedding, because in my opinion it is a perfect example of an ideal wedding. There are tons of things to remember, so my few main advices are the ones that were given to me by both pairs of parents and Cara.

1) Give out as many tasks as possible to friends and relatives (in case if they are responsible of course). They will be happy to help and you won't have to worry about hundreds of little things.

2) Find the balance between your desires and your parents vision of this event. It's as important to parents as it is for you.

3) Make sure to have professional musicians, DJ, photographers and video-operators. You will really want their products to be good.

4) Comfortable shoes (!!!) and tiny handkerchief (I didn't have it and still regret it and when Mom gave it to me I meant to keep it forever but lost it really soon - I wish wedding dress had a tiny pocket in it)

5) Make your wedding a very special unique celebration that you'll remember for life. It's very easy to organize -
marry the man you love :)





I think it's really cool that I get to write an article on how to organize a wedding just about time when my lovely sister-in-law is preparing for hers! Maybe I'll end up with some really good advices (that I myself was given not so long ago)...





...on how and where to order white gold rings



and the most fresh flowers for the bridal bouquette...








... or a perfect reception hall



or a cool antique car... vrrroooom!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be looking for your advice! Keep us posted...

Jeanne said...

PLEASE share!!!!

I'd like to know about the white gold rings :)

Anonymous said...

How much fun to write an article on planning a wedding! My advice: let the mother-of-the bride organize it!

(Get the lifetime Rhodium dip on the white gold rings(so says B. Taylor)

Dasha said...

Thanks, Mrs. T, this may be really useful!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your advice-I agree with everything!Especially the part about marrying the man you love. That should be point number one.
(I needed a hankie for my sister who, surprisingly, cried and got mascara on my dress)!

Dasha the Explorer said...

I agree! where do those tears come from?! you never expect them, but they somehow find their way through!