Friday, February 9, 2007

They still believe in miracles!


It made my day yesterday. I happened to be walking home with two 8-year-olds from my class, snow softly falling on our shoulders. Diana said to me 'You look like Snegurochka with beautiful snowflakes on your hair!' (Snegurochka is a fairytale character, Santa's granddaughter and helper). I gave her a cheeky look and whispered 'I am her.' Boy, was I surprised when she believed me! I guess I could say I was Santa's niece, right, uncle Doug?

So I asked whether they believed in Santa when they both replied 'Of course!' as if it was obvious. So I told them stories about Santa and how they shouldn't try to see him, cheating and pretending to be asleep.

Wish adults were more like children to notice God's everyday miracles in their lives.

No comments: