Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's 2 a.m.

... and I'm not in my cozy warm bed next to my 'sleeping beauty' Jamie... because I love coffee too much :)
It was such a nice cup of coffee, worth every minute of this sleepless night...

Good thing about being a journalist/editor is that you can always do your work (or improve it, or add to it, or check and correct) just whenever you feel like it. Last week was too hectic for me, somehow my partner and I got a whole WEEK late on our magazine section. We were working like mad, typing thousands symbols per hour, discussing hundreds of problems and answering as many questions that kept falling at us from our boss, advertisment department our designers etc. Busy week, not much of an inspiration one. So tomorrow (or actually today) I have to plan the topics for our next magazine while I still have a couple of articles I have to write for the previous two magazines. So I thought, why not use this sleepless time for creativity. So I did. This will make tomorrow much easier for me :))

Good Monday to everyone. Have a great week!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that coffee! I'm thankful you had something creative to do while you were awake. How are things going at the flat??

Dasha the Explorer said...

ahem... flat? :)
Things are going pretty well. It starts looking as a home. We cooked our first meal and washed our first laundry here two days ago. It means something! Good to be home :)))

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life does get in the way of lots of things including work. But don't let the urgent crowd out the important. When spouses work at different times they have to intentionally plan daily times to be together. I remember when I was the "doctor of the day", never knowing when I would be called or up all night with a sick child. Challenging but not impossible.

faith said...

Coffee is a wonder at keeping you awake!! I use it during exams. I love reading about your job. It sounds so exciting. You are like a character in a movie. Do you wear cute little business clothes and carry a cute it purse or briefcase? :D That is how I picture it. heh.

Anonymous said...

MMM. Coffee! Yes, I can usually resist coffee after noon but if I know it will an especially good cup I find myself weighing the consequences between indulging pleasure and spending many hours awake in the middle of the night!(I don't have anything to edit but I use the time to pray:-)

Dasha the Explorer said...

Faith: LOL! I think that's how I imagined all the journalists as well. I got a suit, a couple skirts and a cute handbag when found out about my new job. Well, turns out everybody wears jeans and feels pretty relaxed! :)
But I'll post some pictures of what it all looks like. OK?

Mrs.T: Great idea for a sleepless night! I'll remember it for the next time I can't resist coffee after dark.

Anonymous said...

Dasha: SORRY to say flat. Now that I think of flats as homes, I meant simply how are things at home. But you're right...with your gentle throat clearing comment...

How is your HOME, meaning HOUSE?!!!

Dasha the Explorer said...

:)))))))

faith said...

Yeah, I found that out about engineering. We wore dress pants, but I never got to wear my suits that I had bought. It was rather disappointing. heh.
Yeah, I would love to see photos.