Thursday, October 25, 2007

In the past few weeks

Here's what happened recently...


  • For those of you who don't know... we have 4 kittens(1 of them is our neighbour's, but it comes during the day to play with the rest of our cats) and two puppies! It makes our life complete :) I love animals, especially babies. Unfortunately I don't get much time with them. I see them once a week on Saturdays. Gosh, they get a lot bigger in a week! I have to catch up on playing with the cuties.

  • There will be 4 of my little articles in the next Edinstvennaya magazine that comes out in December! (well, not so little - they are all 1-page long... for TV Ekran that would be huge)

  • I think we finally broke our vacuum cleaner - it was so close to dying, but started coughing just yesterday after sucking in quite a bit of wood dust. I really hope it will recover. Our poor blue babe.

  • We had a corporate party, Jamie came with me. I think he will agree that we had a good time. The next day my chief editor deputy said to the whole office: 'Dasha's husband is so cuuuute!' Is she right, or what! He IS cute! :)

  • Next week we're both invited to Bee Movie cinema preview. Enjoy, Jamie!

  • I finally got myself some winter boots! Yeah! I had this burden hanging over me for a while. I like shopping for fun. But not when you know exactly what you need... And when there are several important aspects that limit your choice... like price, size, height - definitely up to knee!, material - it has to be genuine leather and fur, otherwise it's too cold and not worth buying... oh, and you have to be able to wear them both with a skirt, dress pants and jeans... SO - feminine, but not with high heels... Blah! Anyhow, it's a tough process, I'm sure everyone will agree. I didn't have the time or desire to go through it, so I just peeked into the only shoe store we have near our village, tried the only pair of boots... and bought them. No more burden! Dunno about you, but I'm ready for snow :)

  • A friend from work brought me a Blast, Swingin Bach and Dizzy Gillespie DVD :) Percussion art is in favor of many.

  • I was just interviewed by a friend of mine! She invited me for coffee (sly) and came with a notebook and a pen! :) Asked me about that corporate thing that she didn't go to - cheater... :))) - everything said about Alina was said in a good mood with no shade of frustration. I love her!

Emm... That's it for today. What's new in your lives?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm a nanny for five kids in Florida and in two days i'm going to buy my ticket back to Ukraine! I need to email you (and Jamie) about and for some information... but either way, sounds like you have A LOT going on.. but life is beautiful like that :)


exciting about all of the animals! Do you see the kids even more often due to this?

Dasha the Explorer said...

wow! that's exciting, mel.
About the kids: we would see them a lot more often if WE got to spend more time at home :) We do see them a lot on weekends. Sofiya and I fight for the puppies. She wins.

Melanie said...

Yah, she is quite the fighter! So when did the puppies come about? Do they have names? How about the kittens? How cold is the weather now? Please tell Babushka I love her and that I miss her. (same with your mum and dad! the kids I think it's a given ;))

Anna P said...

Mel, how long will you be staying in Ukraine? What will you be doing there? The questions are endless so feel free to share as much as you like!

Dasha, I find it amusing that folks would comment about Jamie being so cute! Maybe because he is my brother and I find all of my family ridiculously good looking, it's just nice the rest of the world notices the good stock that is called Peipon. ;)

Dasha the Explorer said...

Anna, your parents (and my in-laws) will have a crowd of ridiculously good looking grandchildren! :))))))
One day... All blondish and cute :) Maybe even a couple of twins or triples thrown into the stock... ;)

faith said...

I love kittens.