Saturday, May 19, 2007

The latest news...

Hello to all... I would have been more faithful with posting, but I'm in the midst of my exams. I'm getting my second bachellor's degree!!! Since I have no time to add news every day (or even week), I decided to shortly tell you about the recent important things in my fun life.
Well...
#1...
I got "A's" on both of my first exams ('Practical English' with detailed stylistic analysis of a given text and 'Foreign literature of XX century'). Two more exams to go ('English Stylistics' and 'Theoretical Grammar', English of course).
So, I'm in process of gaining knowledge, and frankly speaking...
I'm enjoying it.
It's me during exams, pretending to be smart ;)
#2
Verka Serdyuchka, the STAR of Ukrainian humor got the 2nd place in Eurovision International Contest. Verka Serdyuchka is actually a man (a straight one in case if anyone is interested) who chose this character of a 'train conductor', an ironic funny woman, who represents most of the Ukrainians. She/he/it speaks a mixture of Russian and Ukrainian, enjoys simple pleasures of Ukrainian life and traditional dishes (salo with bread for example), laughs at herself and our whole nation. Ukrainians like to laugh at themselves, because it's hard to survive our tough life without sense of humor.

While watching the contest we decided that if our Verka enters the victorious '10' it will either mean that the rest of Europe has the same sick sense of humor as ourselves, or that the rest of the countries actually respects Ukraine. Well, it looks like both apply to us because in my opinion it was a dreadful show, and quite embarassing, too :) BUT... we're ahead of Russia!! and that's our biggest victory! Oh, and ALL of the countries except for Albania voted for Ukraine! Europe seems to like us :))

#3

For my birthday (that actually was almost a month ago... oh well) I got lots of great presents, including a bottle of my favorite Bailey's, Irish coffee mugs, fitness mat, LOTS of flowers and attention... But I was most surprised with a present my co-worker Yulia MADE for me.

I absolutely love these necklace and bracelet! Yulia is such a sweet

wonderful caring and multitalented person (and editor).

#4

My dear loving husband continues surprising me with his cooking skills. Today on the Menu... 'Chicken fillet roasted in bacon'. MMMMMM..... No comments :)))))

#5
For now this was the hardest article for me to write. 'How to choose and purchase the right bycicle' AAAAHHH! It was hard to write about something I know absolutely nothing about. Even Internet couldn't help me as much as I was hoping it would. Turns out there is no precise bike classification. There are lots of types, but I had to write about the main ones. How shoul I know which ones are that? Anyhow, with the help of our designer Sergey who knows pretty much everything about this topic, I DID IT! I can tell you pretty much anything about a bycicle. So here is the page with my 'long-suffered article'. The world got to see it.

And I don't care if the world doesn't like it, I do ;)


(click on the picture to enlarge, perhaps you can even read!

The one with the shampoo and in the pink box are mine, too)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who could ask for a more special daughter-in-law?!

Great, informative and fun post!

Love you.

Anna P said...

Very cool, Dasha. I'm wondering why Jamie never shared his cooking talents with the rest of his family. 'Monster' is the only think I remember him making.

Dasha the Explorer said...

wow! two comments already? I guess I should be collecting all of my 'old' news to get even more of your attention! Thank you very much, dear family. Yes, your son/brother is really very talented and caring. I have no time for any housework now and he is very understanding about that, and very helpful as you can see :) Thank you for letting me keep him :) I kinda like him.

JPATPURSES said...

Come across your blog while just out there reading random ones!!! The pic of the dog caught my eye!! LOL
great blog!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll know more English than we English-speaking peoples! As I am now teaching English as a second language at our church, I really have had to evaluate my language-it is bizarre, to say the very least!

Dasha the Explorer said...

I agree! Your language is scary! So far the History of English was the hardest one for me. Old English with its weird letters and pronunciation, all the laws of OE-ME-ModE changes like the Great Shift or Vocalization... I learn a lot, but I'm sure I'll forget it all as soon as I get my diploma in a year :) Good luck in your teaching experiennce, Mrs. T!

Cara Denney said...

...ok, everyone left such intelligent or even witty comments, I'm sort of embarrassed to leave such a banal comment...but not completely embarassed, so I'll do it..."he/she is STRAIGHT"? Come on...what about his very young boyfriend that was all over the news when I still lived there? Or maybe my poor Ukrainian language skills gave me incomplete info... "Enquiring Minds Want to Know"... :) Great posts, by the way! :)

Dasha the Explorer said...

oh, Cara... you just HAD to spoil my positiviness! I really believe he is straight... or at least I thought so until now :((( Isn't his 'mama' actually his girlfriend? Ok, Danilko might be weird and who knows what his orientation is, but he can't have both boyfriend AND girlfriend, at least not at the same time! :))