Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Learning every day

Being an advisery editor is rather challenging, you've got to be able to write about nearly ANYTHING that may be helpful to very different people. I had to write about raising children, conflict with neighbours, various diseases and means of dealing with them, recepies of different dishes, sports and diets, LOTS of countries with specific information about them (national currency, weather, prices, transportation, visa... and many other things). While searching for all kinds of information I learn new things every day. One of my new shelves of knowledge today was about alcohol. I had to write this article based on an interview with an expert.

1) It is more preferable to drink wine that is stored in bottles of dark green, and even better - of brown color. White glass (transparent) lets the sunshine through. Even 2 hours under straight sunlight change good wine into dangerous toxic 'poison'. You wouldn't be able to feel it right away, your body would let you know later that you drank wrong stuff 20 years ago. It is notional for Ukraine. In European countries white bottles are made from a different glass, that doesn't let sunrays through. Also, if the transparent bottles are stored in boxes or are wrapped in paper or cloth, it's no problem either.

2) In all the countries people normally drink wine with their meals or after their meals. It is only in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan that people drink before meals. Bad for health ;-P Has to do with culture, I guess.

3) If you need to drink something after a shot of vodka it has to be plain or mineral water. Sweet juice or lemonade after or with vodka... bad choice. Long molecules of alcohol being united with long molecules of glukoze affect liver and kidney terribly. As a result, headache in the morning and negative result in future.

4) Ladies, Martini is not to be drank with sweet juices or our favorite Schwepps tonic. Sourish juices are acceptable (Italian orange, lemon, blackcurrant)

Be careful when drinking, my friends :)))))

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have a resident expert right in the family!

I've missed seeing you this week...

Cara Denney said...

..and I've missed getting on your blog...little did I know all the helpful info I was missing! ha! :) Keep up the good work..

Dasha the Explorer said...

thanks, I will! Because all of those surrounding me daily are getting tired of my advices and tips! :)