Thursday, July 19, 2007

Airless and hot

I couldn't believe it when I came out of my office. Outside it didn't feel like outside at all. It felt like I was entering a sauna, or came near the back of an air conditioner. It's 40 degrees C (100 F), for goodness sake! Ukraine is not used to climate like this. The only time I experienced something like that was on tour in New York in 1998 (sometime in fall, I guess?) When I came out from an airport, I couldn't breathe right away, I was looking for some sort of a roof, because I couldn't believe that this was actually a normal condition for outside.
My point is, boy is it hot here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry...and also thankful. Sorry for the heat there, but thankful that we're currently in the States. Looking forward to getting back, though. Only one week!

Dasha the Explorer said...

yay! we can't wait for your return! I hope the weather gets back to normal by the time you come back.

Dasha the Explorer said...

it actually has been raining for two days now, so there has been a little relief.